Friday, June 21, 2013

Hot Wheels 2013 Showroom Series - Silver Volkswagen Golf GTI

I came across this one online last month and just had to get it. Got it from another fellow Hot Wheels collector in Johor, one of the first die cast model I actually ordered online in my life. haha!


Photo Credits to: http://hotwheels.wikia.com/

I wanted to get this model as I love the Volkswagen Golf in real life. It's sleek, small and cunning design, but under the hood has a powerful turbocharged engine. Recently had the chance to sit in the backseat of one, it really interested me to save up to get my own in the future. But since that's still a long way to go, I decided to get myself a 1:64 scale one from Hot Wheels instead.


Hot Wheels Showroom Series - 177/250 (red & silver)

The only thing that I didn't really fancy about this one though is the red interior. It just looks too red with not much variation of detail and color. They could've at least added a simple black lining design or a black base color with red lining for the interior as the red base color just looks too plain and unrealistic.

I realized that there are two versions to this model. The light blue one and the silver one, which I have now. I think in my own personal opinion, the silver one really looked more sleek and stylish for me, while the blue one which had yellow color rims, just reminded me of candy and looked as if you could just grab it out of the box and eat it. lol

Hot Wheels Showroom Series - 177/250 (light/candy blue & yellow)

No comments:

Post a Comment