Monday, August 5, 2013

Model of The Week: Hot Wheels Showroom Series - Ferrari 458 Spyder

As promised, this week I will feature my Ferrari models among my collection. Today, I have for you the Ferrari 458 Spyder. Yes, it's convertible! :)



For me personally, this was easy to acquire without having to order it or pay an extra fee. I found this one among the shelves with all other mainline cars. I was excited! Because I found a Ferrari, which was quite difficult to find in the area which I normally hunt for exotic models. Thankfully, it was the only and probably the last Ferrari on the shelves. Though a few days later, I let a Yellow Enzo Ferrari slip away to a little boy as I saw him grab it off the shelves. But today, let me just appreciate this awesome 458 Spyder that I have with me.


Comparing it to the original life-size model of this 458 spyder, well, you just can't compare it. The life-size model is just 200x times fierce and beautiful. You can also tell it by the price, which is 200x times more than this little model which I hold in my hands. So yes, lets just not compare.

The 1:64 scale model is all in all done quite well by Hot Wheels. The only thing I'm most disappointed about is, is the missing Ferrari emblem on the front bumper. For me, that emblem just completes the whole design of the car. Really.. Utter disappointment. But overall, the whole body and the OH5 wheels is satisfying.








P.S Anybody noticed the slightly long white paint scratch along the left side door of the car? Well, I can tell you honestly, it's not my doing. haha When I opened the package (of course, nicely and carefully), it was already scratched like that. And mind you, I found this among the shelves, I didn't buy it from any other collector or supplier. Hmm..

No comments:

Post a Comment